Dear Parents, Carers and Governors
Congratulations to our Cricket Teams who took part in the local schools’ tournament last week. The boys came 5th out of 6 and our girls won the tournament. Well done everyone, especially the girls!
Please could you ensure that you child has a water bottle in school for the classroom and a drink for lunchtime if they have packed lunch. Now that we are able to make the most of the warm weather and picnic outside children do not have access to drinking water in the same way as they do in the dining room and we have noticed a number of children without drinks and water bottles. Keeping hydrated is essential as I am sure you will agree.
Here is a summary of the arrangements for the Circus event taking place next Thursday:
• The event is taking place on the main school field adjacent to the RED (KS2) playground
• Gates open 5pm
• The main school gates will be open throughout
• The back gates by the Co-op will be open at 5pm and will close at 6.00pm. They will reopen 10 minutes before the Circus ends.
• The school car park is to be used for disabled badge holders only.
• Parents picking up from Karate will be issued with a pass
• There will be a bar serving alcoholic drinks, soft drinks, sweets and crisps in the studio. The circus people are also running some stalls.
• Key Stage 2 toilets are available; Years 5 and 6 are for adults and children, the toilets in Years 3, 4 and the studio are for children only.
• First Aid and Lost children areas will be in the studio
• All people entering the playground must have a ticket
• There will be a designated area for push chairs and buggies away from the circus tent as these are not allowed inside
• We respectfully ask everyone to put their rubbish in the black sacks that will be available at the end of the show. The PTA are responsible for cleaning away all litter left after the event and your support with this would be most appreciated.
I am sure we are going to have a very entertaining night!
Please note, when picking your child up from the Key Stage 2 playground on Thursday and dropping off on Friday morning that the circus will be on the field. Please ensure that your child does not go on the field during these times and they stay on the tarmac paths.
After school club will be held in the library on Thursday as the studio will be ready for the bar area. Parents should pick up from the main entrance on this day.
Via Pupil Post
Via Parent Mail
Tuesday Year 3/4 Golf Competition
Tuesday Meeting for parents of children starting Nursery in September 6pm
Thursday Year 6 to the Methodist Church for Pentecost
Friday Class Assembly 2.15pm Ash and Cherry Tree
Friday Library Open for Book Exchange
Have a great weekend.